Wednesday, June 11, 2008

   Life has calmed down a bit since all the graduation festivities are now over. I'm almost done writing thank you's and my graduation money is safe in a savings account :] I don't plan on spending it for quite some time. 

   I was going to start working 4 days a week (32 hrs) at Larsens but decided I'd better stick with 3 till I'm not so busy. I like my job more and more the longer I'm there. Every day there is something different to do, it's quite hard to get bored. I really like and get along with all my coworkers, which definitely helps! I'm a bit nervous though because construction starts on main street next Monday. All the stores on main street will have to have back door entrances. Everything's going to be really torn up and will be for the next 4 plus months. Business is going to be very slow, therefore work will most likely not be quite as exciting :]

   I still don't have any definite plans for the fall. I'm thinking I might not do any college classes online the first semester. This year has just been way too crazy and stressful already, I don't want to finish school than 2 months later jump into more stress & harder classes. It would be heavenly to take a break from it all. :)  Some days, the thought of sticking around this town any longer sits fine with me, other days, I make myself absolutely miserable thinking about it. It just seems like when you're young, this town is so restricting. It's hard to explain, but I guess it's probably just a small town thing, especially when you've lived in it for 12 years. I don't know how long I'll last before I hop on a train to destinations unknown. haha, right :] I would absolutely love to fly over to some foreign country and work with missions, or orphans, or anything of that sort. I wish I could travel somewhere, anywhere. Or go some place different and be a nanny. I've always wanted to do that! :] I just so badly want something different, something new and exciting, stretching and scary. something!
   

5 comments:

Theora said...

Wow! how about you hop on a train to wear we live?!

Coriander said...

I agree with Kate - you should come visit us!

Karmen said...

I'd love to :)
Guess we'll see what happens!

Amber said...

God will provide something new and exciting for you in some way or other :-) He always follows through - how about a trip to MT in a couple months (a very fun town) :-)

Karmen said...

another definite possibility! :]