Saturday, August 7, 2010

A prairie dog bite & bridesmaid fun

Yes, this is my finger, and yes, a praire dog really did bite me. I'm too adventurous for my own good, apparently. I went to prairie dog town (a span of grass in the badlands where a bunch of prairie dogs live) and got overwhelmed by the 'cuteness' (aka viciousness, as I would later find out) of one particular prairie dog, and I scooped the little guy up. He wiggled and wiggled and eventually wiggled himself far enough to get a good grip on my finger and OUCH. Seering pain, screaming, and panic ensued. I spent a few hrs afterwards being overly dramatic about the fact I was surely about to get rabies and die. The thought wouldn't have crossed my mind, but everyone with me kept bringing it up. But here I am, over a month later, still alive and kickin' :)
(not sure why this text is underlined?!) I was in a wedding a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful sunset wedding located at a lake about 30 minutes from where I live. The ceremony was right by the water. I've always been a little skeptical of outdoor weddings, but this one was absolutely beautiful and so fun to be apart of!

I had to get my hair professionally done, and I loved it! I told the stylist it just needed to be up, with bangs back, and I ended up with this elegant, classic, and beautiful updo. It was so fun!

Here I am before heading out to the lake. Check out my ridiculous sunburn.
Here I am after the ceremony. You can see the beautiful lake in the background. I loved my bouquet; the colors were so pretty.


3 comments:

Amber said...

Not sure how I missed commenting on this one! I think I needed more explanation about the prairie dog bite before I could comment :-) I couldn't believe you would PICK UP a prairie dog!!!! I'm thinking "WHO does that???" HA HA. I'm not sure I should take you to yellowstone with me cuz you might try to pet the buffalo :-) I LOVE your hair - it is so pretty!!! Your dress is really pretty too and it looks great on you. I am glad you had a good time. It is always fun to truly dress every once in a while :-)

Coriander said...

I feel just like Amber, not sure how I missed this one! Dito on the praire dog, haha! When Kate told me about it I said "She did WHAT?" Funny girl! So glad you got pics of the hair in back too. It is lovely! Do you think you can duplicate. I will be trying it on Kate. LOVE it!! The wedding sounds amazing! What an idea - sunset! You look lovely!

Theora said...

Ouch! Your dress is so pretty and so is your hair! Fun:)