Tuesday, July 29, 2008

California - Corona Del Mar/Balboa Island/Laguna Beach


The day after the concert (or maybe 2 days after?) me, mom, Mia, Sheree, and Charles decided to go to Corona Del Mar to watch the sunset. It was a pretty spur of the moment decision but I was excited!


Beautiful isnt it?
I couldn't figure out why this sign said "Newport Beach" yet we were at Corona Del Mar. ??

We then decided to take a ferry to Balboa Island. It was only minutes long but pretty cool. The island was really neat. We ate some really good pizza and explored. Mia and I wanted to go on the Ferris wheel, so mom paid and off we went!

I haven't been on one is years and was freaking out a bit. It was a really little one but was going pretty fast.
A few days later Sheree and Charles took Mia and myself to Laguna beach. It was really pretty and fun to be at such a known place. Mia and I were in our clothes but we waded in the water. The waves had something else in mind though and we were completely overtaken and in the water we went! We rode waves (or they rode us) for quite a while. It was really fun, although pretty scary at times. Some were really, really powerful.
Here's myself on Laguna Beach(before the waves took us captive) This is the only picture of me(besides the ferris wheel ones) taken in the whole 2 weeks we were there. Oh well.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow, what beautiful places! You got great pictures - looks like so much fun! Cute pic of you at the end and a neat background :-)