Here's a video of the intro of the Jonas Brothers. The screaming might drive you insane (don't blame me, I tried not to scream when I was filming:) , but it'll give you a first hand look at the craziness of this all.
They had a light show during everything. It was pretty unbelievable and gave Trans Siberian Orchestra a run for their money.
Thankfully they had 2 screens that were zoomed on them, otherwise it would've been so hard to see. Especially since it was outdoors and nighttime.
This is Kevin, the oldest. He mostly just plays guitar, sometimes sings.
Nick, the youngest & most talented.
Not a very good picture but I was trying to get a picture of Joe's purity ring. They all wear one and it probably makes up alot of the reason that I like them so much. Just that they're so huge and in such a secular scene yet they still take such an obvious stance for purity. Their songs aren't necessarily christian(mostly about girls or just life) but they definitely are. Their dad was actually an Assembly of God pastor before they became famous. Pretty cool :)
Here's a clip of Nick singing his song 'A Little Bit Longer'. He got diagnosed with diabetes 2 years ago when he was 13 and this was a song he wrote about it. I wish I had the full song. It was a pretty powerful song, lots of people crying and yeah, it was really good :) He's the youngest of the brothers but seems to kind of run the band :) He was on broadway when he was younger, and they only got famous because he got a record deal, then they found out he had brothers, thus they became Jonas Brothers :)
During one of their songs, they all of the sudden started rising on these really little circle podiums. They couldn't finish their song because the applause was absolutely unbelievable. I've never heard anything like it. They did -finally- finish the song and came down off those crazy things.
So that was it. Mia and I thought it was pretty much amazing, little did we know we'd get home to find an even more amazing surprise. We got to Mia's house to find some sheets of paper laying on her bed. She read them and told me we got cast in the audience of the Jonas brothers 3D movie. I didn't really believe her, not till the next morning. But alas, we did in fact get in! I have my height and birthday to thank for that. haha. We didn't really know what was in store for us. We had to be there by 10AM (actually, I think it was 11, but we weren't taking any chances) We stood in lines for hours and hours. There was supposed to be about 600 people but ended up being 1,000. Basically, they'd take a couple hundred girls down at a time, they'd surround the stage and catwalk, and scream their heads off while they filmed the Jonas Brothers singing bits of their songs. Mia and I had to wait till about 3:30 before our chance came. We weasled our way to the front of the right side of the catwalk. It was pretty surreal. They quit filming around 4 then we ate, and waited some more. We met some really nice girls, but mostly, everyone was crazed fans. Like, 'I'll do ANYTHING to get ANYWHERE near them' kind of girls. Mia and I were determined to get to the front of the stage once the real concert started. Only the casted audience was allowed on the floor/pit. If we were really attending the concert, those seats would have cost close to one thousand dollars, yet we got them for free! Eventually we got to the floor, and began the daunting task of getting as close as possible. We weren't being mean or pushing (like a lot of the people) mostly just moving up into any space available. Demi Lovato once again opened the concert, she was even better close up:) We were a few people from the front, but by the time the Jonas brothers came on, we were at the front and center of the end of the catwalk (best location, basically). Well, Mia was, I was right behind her though. I still can't believe that out of 18,000 people, we were right at the front, while filming a MOVIE! They would come right up to us in almost every song. Grabbing our hands or kneeling by us. It was unbelievable, but at the time I was pretty much so hot and sweaty and hoarse from our hours of being told to scream, that I didn't fully realize how big of deal it was.
We were told not to bring cameras, so sadly these are the only pictures I have, from my phone.
This is Joe during my favorite song
No zoom:)
So, that was it. Afterwards I was so near passing out(not from excitement, from being dehydrated, squished, and so so hot) , I physically couldn't talk or move barely. Being in movies is tough work I tell you what! Anyways, the movie will be in theatres in January. I wouldn't count on seeing myself in it, but you never know. At least I'll know I'm somewhere in that huge crowd :)


No comments:
Post a Comment