At this point, our missions work was now over. The last 3 days were going to consist of shopping, sightseeing, and preparing to come home. We still had daily team devotions and we were still able to play with the kids in our free time, but we no longer had specific tasks to do. I was too caught up in shopping at the Silk Market, that I forgot to take pictures. I only have these two. The first one is Rianne and myself at Starbucks. We went there 2 or 3 different times throughout our whole trip, it was an awesome treat and a little taste of home :)
Katie H (there was also a Katie L) Rianne (they are sisters) and myself found these silly glasses in the Silk Market, and had to take a picture.
I didn't do much shopping this day, I was too overwhelmed by everything there was to look at. Also, shopping was very difficult as there were Chinese salespeople yelling at you constantly. If you stopped to check out that purse or shirt, beware, they would be on you in a second. "HEY LADY! YOU LIKE?" was a resounding phrase that day. It was so interesting to see more Chinese culture and the way they live. It is so very different than here in America.


1 comment:
So funny! I remember shopping in Ecuador and it was totally like that!! I was big and pregnant and when I walked by they changed their tune slightly and would say "for the baby". It was hilarious! We all tried not to make eye contact and just keep walking :-)
Post a Comment