I can't believe it's taking me so long to catch up on all of this! It is so hard because I have to go and gather everyone else's pictures -from facebook or snapfish- and organize them in the right order on my computer. Everyone else got such good shots I didn't want to only share my pictures on here. Anyways... moving on!
Day 4 was our first day with nothing huge planned. The days previous consisted of meeting everyone, flying and arriving in China, and climbing the Great Wall. This day was much more mellow but still amazing!
At breakfast we gathered out all of the different products we had. It was so interesting to see Chinese 'Sprite' or 'Coke' It sometimes tasted the same but other times it would taste very different from what we're used to!
Our agenda for the day was cleaning out this 'shed', which was more like a warehouse, about the size of... a 4 car garage? maybe? either way, it was big and FULL of donations. We had to remove all the donations then put them back inside, in order. The dust was unlike any other dust I've encountered. Add to that the fact we were so hot and sweaty, and you'll get a gross group of people! It was SO exhausting but fun at the same time. Here's a picture of about half of us. Can you tell how dirty and disgusting we were?!

This project took 3 or so hrs, if I'm remembering correctly. Afterwards we cleaned up and went to find some kids to play with.
This is sweet little Anna, she has a disease that affects her legs. She cannot walk and drags herself around, it was so sad to watch. She was such a beautiful girl and praise GOD she left halfway through our trip to go get adopted! (I'm not sure why only this part is underlined, and I can't figure out how to fix it!)

I love these next 3 pictures. Ben - the boy in the picture above - is one of the oldest orphan boys at Hope Foster Home. He LOVES to take pictures. He got a hold of my camera and went around the room, getting people to pose for him. This picture is of the 3 nannies, or Ayi's, that are in charge of this room. Each nanny is responsible for 2 or 3 kids. One of the girls on our team brought sunglasses for the kids, but the nannies liked them too!
This little guy broke my heart and changed my life. I'm not sure how exactly, but he did.


1 comment:
I can't imagine how tough it would be to be with all the darling little orphans and then leave them. Just thinking about them makes me sad - I can't imagine actually being there to see it firsthand. What an amazing experience though. Because of the people that devote their time and life to orphans and love them like their own, they are often getting more love than kids living in a messed up family. I guess the sad reality is there are hurting kids all over. Thankfully God is full of justice and will right these wrongs some day :-)
Post a Comment